Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Japan

Being from the hills I know the enormous power that water in its numerous forms has, come rainy season and the rivulets turn to raging rivers and the rivers growl with a hunger that immediately instills respect for nature, but nothing, absolutely nothing prepared me for the scenes of the Tsunami in Japan, I sat dumbstruck as I watched the wrath of nature, feeling helpless as the television news showed car after car and house after house being engulfed by the black wave of debris pushed ahead by water, the most heart wrenching moments were as the water moved towards highways which still had cars moving on them.
I cannot even being to imagine what must have gone on with the people directly affected by this calamity, the pain of losing loved ones and all that one has with just a wave and as the Japanese people come to terms with what has happened I pray for the people of Japan, may God give them strength.