Friday, April 1, 2011

Godrej or Godrej

Godrej or Godrej it used to be as simple as that but not anymore!
For the last week I have been trying to choose a fridge and am simply overwhelmed by the choices and reviews. Let me say this upfront, I love cooking and am in the kitchen nearly everyday and it obviously falls upon me to personally choose a cooling contraption, the requirements are rather long, starting with the most important, it must look good, none of the nonsensical box style rubbish at the same time not too gadgety so that the staff can use it nor so simple that the dogs can start opening it!
After bugging my friends over texts and emails the one name that kept coming up was Samsung and LG, personally I don't really have too high an opinion of Samsung and maybe a few years ago they did such a tacky job that the image has been ingrained into my system inspite of nearly everyone suggesting that they have changed and are amongst the best now. LG was another name that kept popping up so I went into a few showrooms and saw various refrigerators I really liked the Hitachi French Door but then everyone said 'no one buys Hitachi refrigerators only air conditioners' by the end of it was so bugged that I walked into a showroom promising myself "no more, I am going to buy the first one that is on display" and lo and behold which one would it be but a Samsung!!!
So now I am grinning with the new fridge in the kitchen if anything goes wrong with it all of you who said Samsung has changed its colours better watch out!!!!